A beam of light is defined as: a ray or collection of parallel rays emitted from the sun or other luminous body.
- the throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it.
- the fact or phenomenon of light, radio waves, etc. being deflected in passing obliquely through the interface between one medium and another or through a medium of varying density.
- change in direction of propagation of any wave as a result of its travelling at different speeds at different points along the wave front. the throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it.
- Visible light is made up of different colors. Each color bends by a different amount when refracted by glass. Visible light is split, or dispersed into different colors when it passes through a lens or prism. Shorter wavelengths, like purple and blue light, bend the most. Longer wavelengths, like red and orange light, bend the least.
- the process by which a beam of light or other system of waves is spread out as a result of passing through a narrow aperture or across an edge, typically accompanied by interference between the wave forms produced.
- restriction of the vibrations of (a transverse wave, especially light) wholly or partially to one direction.
- the action of spreading the light from a light source evenly to reduce glare and harsh shadows.
- the action or process of transmitting something or the state of being transmitted.
- the combination of two or more electromagnetic waveforms to form a resultant wave in which the displacement is either reinforced or cancelled.
- A thin layer of coloured gelatine, glass, etc., that transmits light of certain colours or wavelengths but considerably reduces the transmission of others
- A dark area or shape produced by a body coming between rays of light and a surface
- A silhouette is the image of a person, an object or scene represented as a solid shape of a single color, usually black, its edges matching the outline of the subject. The interior of a silhouette is basically featureless, and the whole is typically presented on a light background, usually white, or none at all.